For the second year, Eid prayers will be held at the Islamic Center of St. Joseph, 2325 Messanie St. in St. Joseph.
The takbeerat begins at 8:30 a.m. and the prayer will begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
We encourage you to leave from home early so that you may arrive on time and not miss the prayer. The Zakat-ul-Fitr (Fitrah or charity for poor) is $8.00 per person. Please pay before the start of prayers. We will be collecting Fitrah at the Islamic Center of St. Joseph.
As a reminder, here are some of the authentic etiquettes for Eid al-Fitr prayers:
- - Perform Ghusl before attending the prayer and wear your best clothes.
- - Recite Takbeerat throughout the morning, both on your way to and from prayer. It is sunnah to recite the takbeeraat individually.
- - Eat before coming to the prayer.
- - Arrive to prayer by one route and leave by another.
- - Remain silent and listen attentively to both parts of the Eid Khutbah.